Getting Around Playa de las Americas on a Budget
Because it is one of the most popular destinations in the Canary Islands, Tenerife is served by two different airports – Tenerife North Airport (located in the North of the island, shockingly) and Tenerife South Airport (of course, located in the south). As Playa De Las Americas is located in the southwest, it’s easier and quicker to fly into Tenerife South Airport. As the airport is just 17km away from the town, getting around Playa De Las Americas on a budget is super easy.
Although you can get a taxi from Tenerife South Airport to Playa de las Americas, this will set you back around €28 for a single journey – but in the grand scheme of things, this €28 could be spent on something else during your budget holiday to Tenerife!
As Playa de las Americas is close to the town of Los Cristianos, you can catch the same bus from the airport – the number 11 TITSA Bus. This bus will take you straight into Playa de las Americas in under 40 minutes, and will cost you just €1.50 for a single ticket! You can also use these buses to get around the town, but you definitely won’t need to, as everything here is within walking distance. Perfect for a budget trip to Playa de las Americas!
Budget Accommodation in Playa de las Americas
Despite the fact it is a budget trip to Tenerife, you want to find somewhere luxurious to stay – but with a small price tag. Well luckily for you, finding cheap accommodation in Playa de las Americas is super easy. From all-inclusive resorts, to basic hotels for those party-goers who are going to be out all night, to Airbnbs and hostels, there is something for everyone in Playa de las Americas. Check out these hand-picked accommodation options in Playa de las Americas.
Because Playa de las Americas is becoming increasingly popular, the hotels are becoming increasingly competitive – meaning their prices are going down! Which is what anyone planning a cheap trip to Playa de las Americas wants to hear. So if you want someone else to look after you for the week, these Playa de las Americas hotels will be right up your street.
Kn Columbus Aparthotel
From €57 per night
The Kn Columbus Hotel has everything you could possibly want from a hotel in Playa de las Americas, and for just €57 per night, per room! This price includes a double bed studio room complete with kitchen, balcony, air con and direct views onto the swimming pool. And you’re just a ten-minute walk away from the main beaches. What could be better?
From €47 per night
At Bungalow Barrancos, you get everything you could need from a hotel, but you get your own apartment! All of the units come complete with a kitchenette and living area, and they all face onto the pool. Located just 250m away from the main beach and the strip, you couldn’t get a better location if you tried! And all for €47 per night.
If you’re looking for something a bit more luxurious and easy during your budget trip to Tenerife, why not stay in an all-inclusive hotel in Playa de las Americas? The concept is simple, for one price, you get your room, unlimited food and drinks included. Although the price is more expensive up front, you will not need to spend any more money while you’re there!
From €105 per night
The 4* Sol Tenerife All-Inclusive Hotel is an absolute bargain for just €105 per night. Located right on the beach, all of the rooms come with incredible sea views. But if you don’t fancy the beach, the hotel offers two swimming pools and a children’s pool, as well as nightly entertainment and unlimited food and drink throughout the whole day. Perfect.
If you’re traveling to Playa de las Americas with a group of friends for the ultimate party week, renting out your own Airbnb apartment is the way to go. Grab your mates and grab some drinks – just remember to clean up after yourself! Check out one of our favorite cheap Aibnbs in Playa de las Americas.
If you’re looking for a place to rest your head and save some money, this studio room is the best budget accommodation in Playa de las Americas. This cosy and well equipped studio apartment will set you back just €40 which leaves you plenty of spare cash to enjoy your time in Tenerife.
When it comes to your budget trip to Playa de las Americas, there might be just one thing on your mind – nightlife. Playa de las Americas is the home of the infamous Tenerife Strip, complete with enough bars and nightclubs to make your head swoon (quite literally). Because you’ll be out all night, it doesn’t make sense to spend a lot of money on a hotel – so why not check out one of the hostels in Playa de las Americas? Here’s our recommendation:
Endless Summer House Hostel
From €18 per night
Although it’s not much to look at, the Endless Summer House Hostel is located just a short walk away from the beach and the Strip, making it the perfect location for party-goers. They even offer free airport transfers! Although they don’t offer free breakfast, you can purchase breakfast each morning for just €3.50. And for just €18 per night, you can’t really go wrong…
Dinner & Drinks on a Budget in Playa de las Americas
The food in Playa de las Americas is a mixture of everything you could possibly want. Of course, there are traditional Spanish and Canarian cuisines available, as well as Mexican and Mediterranean. But if you’re not one for exotic dishes, there are some alternatives that are a bit closer to home. Because Playa de las Americas is so popular with British tourists, there are a plethora of restaurants that will serve you traditional fish and chips! The best part about the restaurants in Playa de las Americas is that they’re super cheap – which is perfect for a budget trip to Tenerife. We’ve handpicked some of the best and cheapest places for dinner and drinks in Playa de las Americas.
Price Range: Very Cheap
What you get: If you want a traditional Spanish Tapas restaurant in Playa de las Américas, La Casita De Taby is the place for you. This little hidden gem is located just off from the main beach stretch and offers some of the most authentic tapas around. And of course, you need to wash it all down with a glass or two of Sangria. Would be rude not to…
Price Range: Cheap
What you get: The Ted Ristobar restaurant is perfect if you want dinner with a view. Located right on the beach, you can watch the sunset as you tuck into your delicious meal. They specialize in Spanish and Italian dishes here, so you’ll be spoilt for choice!
Price Range: Very Cheap
What you get: If you want a quiet place to have a few drinks, La CocKteria is the place for you. Serving over 100 cocktails for just €3 each, you definitely won’t have to worry about going over your budget during your cheap trip to Playa de las Americas!
What you get: Although the Strip in Playa de las Americas is teeming with bars and clubs to try out, Tramps is by far the most popular and the most famous in all of Tenerife. With world-renowned DJ’s, VIP sections, four bars, three floors, outside terrace and celebrity appearances, Tramps is the place to be! The best way to buy drinks for cheap here is to buy a €15 1-hour unlimited drinks wristband. Grab as many drinks as you can during this hour and stock up, so you don’t have to go back to the bar! Check out what’s on at Tramps here.
Cheap or Free Attractions in Playa de las Americas
Because Playa de las Americas is fairly small, everything can be seen on foot which is great for your bank account! Because of it’s size, there isn’t a lot in terms of attractions in Playa de las Americas, but it does have some of the best beaches in Tenerife, and some of the best nightlife. Check out some of the main attractions in Playa de las Americas.
- The beaches – Playa de las Americas has some of the best beaches in Tenerife, as well as some of the most varied. From Playa de las Torviscas with it’s gray volcanic sand, to the shell-shaped La Pinta Beach with it’s golden sand, to the artificial beach of El Camison. There is literally something for everyone!
- Golf Las Americas – One of the lesser known gems of Tenerife is it’s golf courses – and Golf Las Americas is the best on the island. This incredible golf course comes complete with a luscious green fairway, beautiful lakes and a picturesque mountain backdrop. A 9-hole game will set you back anything from €35, but can be the perfect escape during your budget trip to Tenerife.
- Watersports – Tenerife is famous for its water sports, and there’s no shortage of water sports in Playa de las Americas. The beaches offer everything from jet skis, to parascending, to Flyboard and Flyfish rides. You can get 10% off RRP online here.
- Siam Park – If you’re traveling to Tenerife on a budget, you have to leave some money for a trip to Siam Park. Named as the best waterpark in the world, Siam Park offers incredible rides across 46-acres of land. But if rides aren’t your thing, you can chill out on the lazy river, or bathe next to the artificial beach and wave pool, or even just have a bite to eat in one of the many restaurants! Although you can buy tickets at the gate, you’ll be faced with a huge queue, so it’s always best to book online beforehand from the official website. There’s even a free bus that will take you from Playa de las Americas straight to the park! Keep an eye out for the Siam Park bus stops along the main beach walk. Trust us; it’s one of the best attractions in Playa de las Americas (even though it’s not TECHNICALLY in Playa de las Americas)
Final Top Tips for Visiting Playa de las Americas on a Budget
Now you’ve finished this epic guide (if we do say so ourselves) on how to make the most out of your budget trip to Playa de las Americas; we’re going to sum everything up in one final top tip section on how to travel to Playa de las Americas on a budget:
- When you go to book your budget trip to Playa de las Americas, make sure you know which airport you’re flying into! Although you can fly into either, it is both easier and cheaper to fly into Tenerife South – as Playa de las Americas is just 17km away. Grab the bus for €1.50, and you’re slap bang in the center.
- Getting around Playa de las Americas on a budget is super easy, because you can literally just walk anywhere – meaning it’s completely free!
- Because Playa de las Americas is insanely popular with tourists, the locals try and take advantage of this. You may often be approached by people selling knock-off items on the beach or along the main stretch, but they will go away if you just tell them politely. Don’t be rude; they are just doing their jobs at the end of the day.
- There are loads of cheap hotels in Playa de las Americas, and they’re all so close to the beach you can be in the sea in no time. Try and book them advance to take advantage of any offers or discount.
- If you’re traveling to Playa de las Americas as a group, your best option is to rent out an Airbnb in Playa de las Americas, as you can get your own apartment or house, and split the cost!
- Some people just really aren’t bothered about where they stay in Playa de las Americas, as long as they have somewhere to lay their head in the morning when they finally leave the club! Hostels in Playa de las Americas are perfect for this, and will keep the cost down.
- There are all kinds of food in Playa de las Americas, that you definitely won’t go hungry. Do bear in mind you may have people waiting outside the restaurants in Playa de las Americas trying to get you in offering you discounts – but don’t just go for the first person you see! Make sure you check out their menu and their prices before you make a decision.
- There are just a few attractions in Playa de las Americas, but the main selling points are the incredible beaches, and the nightlife. Check one out by day, and the other by night! You can’t miss either of them.
- Remember to visit Siam Park before you leave your budget holiday to Tenerife. Try and buy tickets before you go, and see if your hotel will offer you discounted tickets. If you want to visit Loro Parque as well, buy a twin ticket and save money!
- And last but not least…have the most amazing budget trip to Playa de las Americas!