Getting Around Los Cristianos on a Budget
There are two Airports to consider when planning your budget trip to Tenerife. The Tenerife North Airport is (shockingly) located in the northern part of the island, whereas the Tenerife South Airport is located in the south. Because Los Cristianos is located in the south of the island, it’s both easier and cheaper to fly into Tenerife South which is just 17km away from Los Cristianos. As it is so close, getting from the airport to Los Cristianos is super easy.
Although you can get a taxi from Tenerife South to Los Cristianos, this will set you back around €26 – and a waste of money during your budget trip to Tenerife. Instead, it is cheaper to use public transport.
The number 111 TITSA Bus will get you from the airport to Los Cristianos in just over 30 minutes, and will cost you around €1.50. These buses can be used all throughout Tenerife so it’s a good idea to get acquainted with them. Check out the airport timetable here.
Although you can use the bus service around Los Cristianos – you won’t really need to. The whole town is served by one main walkway where you can venture off into the smaller, cobbled streets. But after 20 minutes of walking, you’ll find yourself in the next town. So to save money during your budget trip to Los Cristianos, ditch the bus and walk it!
Budget Accommodation in Los Cristianos
As it is primarily a holiday resort, there are so many accommodation options to choose from in Los Cristianos – from all-inclusive resort hotels, traditional hotels, Airbnbs, self-catering apartments or hostels. We’ve handpicked some of the best and the cheapest accommodation options in Los Cristianos.
If you’re looking for the full holiday experience with room service, restaurants, cleaners and more (basically, the least DIY accommodation ever) then it’s best to choose a hotel in Los Cristianos. Because the area is so popular with tourists, there are loads to choose from – meaning there is lots of competition… Also meaning the hotels in Los Cristianos are pretty cheap!
From €38 per night
Don’t worry, Andrea is a nice lady – she’ll take great care of you! This 2-star hotel is located just 4 minutes walk away from Los Cristianos Beach and just 1 minute walk away from the main shopping center, so you’re right in the thick of it (and it’s right on top of a pizza restaurant. We’re sold). All of the rooms come with a balcony, and a double room will set you back €38 per night.
Labranda Oasis Mango
From €50 per night
If you’re looking for an apartment slightly further away from the main tourist traps, the Labranda Oasis Mango Apartments are situated 18-minutes away from the main beach in Los Cristianos. With family rooms, a large pool, a restaurant, and a playground, it is ideal for families looking to take advantage of their budget trip to Tenerife.
All-Inclusive hotels in Los Cristianos are a great way to make the most out of your cheap trip to Tenerife. The idea behind these hotels is simple – for one set price, you get your room and unlimited food and drink, so you don’t need to worry about any extra costs. This can be the perfect way to keep track of your money when traveling to Los Cristianos on a budget. The price of these hotels will be drastically higher than a room on its own, but remember this includes your meals as well!
Paradise Park Fun Lifestyle Hotel
From €103 per night
The Paradise Park Fun Lifestyle Hotel has everything you could possibly want from an all-inclusive holiday. With 5 swimming pools, 4 jacuzzis, 4 hydromassage beds and an adults only solarium. Not forgetting the all-inclusive meals, drinks and snacks; you won’t want to leave the hotel! (Although we suggest you do because Los Cristianos is absolutely beautiful).
Using an Airbnb for your budget trip to Los Cristianos can be a way to stay away from the tourist aspect of your holiday. By renting out an apartment or private room, you can have your very own space, and cook and clean up after yourself. It’s a home away from home! Check out one of our favorite cheap Airbnbs in Los Cristianos:
As you can see from the picture, this penthouse couldn’t be closer to the sea if it was swimming in it… Just look at that view! This house comes complete with large terrace, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and panoramic views of Los Cristianos. Because it is so close to the beach, it is also within walking distance to shops, restaurants and bars (which also means you haven’t got far to walk when you’re stumbling home…) And for just €49 per night for the whole penthouse, you can’t go wrong.
Although Los Cristianos isn’t teeming with hostels, there are a few scattered around the town – and they prove a much cheaper alternative to hotels and Airbnbs in Los Cristianos. So if you’re planning on super scrimping during your budget trip to Tenerife, then staying in a Los Cristianos hostel is the perfect alternative.
Sea Hostel Dive Alive
From €18 per night
The Sea Hostel Dive Alive is pretty basic – but judging by its location, you won’t be spending much time in the dorms. Just 1 minute walk away from the beach, this hostel looks directly onto the ocean and offers huge outside spaces and terraces for its guests. A bed in a 4-bed dorm will cost you from just €18 per night!
Dinner & Drinks on a Budget in Los Cristianos
The food in Los Cristianos is both varied, and incredibly tasty. With traditional Canarian dishes, mixed with Spanish, Mexican and Mediterranean influences, you’ll find yourself overrun with options! But of course, you can’t complete your budget trip to Tenerife without trying the famous Paparrasugadas – the famous wrinkly Canarian potatoes (pictured). Because we’re feeling generous, we’ve handpicked some of the best and cheapest places for dinner and drinks in Los Cristianos.
Price Range: Very Cheap
What you get: The people of Tenerife love their fish, and one TripAdvisor member has called this place the best of what a fish grill can be! But if you don’t like fish, don’t worry. This restaurant also serves other meats, as well as traditional Canarian dishes (yep, including those beloved potatoes!) And take it from us; you won’t regret trying the grilled fresh mackerel for €7…
Price Range: Fairly Cheap
What you get: If you fancy trying something a bit different, Habibi specializes in Lebanese, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine for you to feast yourselves upon. With its yummy food and beachside location, it’s the perfect dinner spot in Los Cristianos. And it’s not too expensive, either!
Price Range: Very Cheap
What you get: Dreamers Bar is the perfect place to set up shop for the evening, as they serve some of the cheapest drinks in Los Cristianos. Coupled with live entertainment every single night until 2am and you’re onto a winner. Make sure you take advantage of the 2 cocktails for €6 deal…
What you get: Claddagh Bar is a traditional Irish Bar on the beaches of Los Cristianos. With cheap drinks, Irish spirit and entertainment each night, you’ll want to return time and time again! But don’t just take our word for it, look at the 5-star reviews on TripAdvisor!
Cheap or Free Attractions in Los Cristianos
Because it is so small, Los Cristianos is not overrun with attractions as such, however there is still quite a lot to see and do. Especially if you don’t mind traveling a bit. You can also see the other sections of our Tenerife guide if you don’t mind going a bit further afield for fun in the sun.
- Playa de Las Vistas Beach. Playa de Las Vistas is the main beach in Los Cristianos. The kilometer-long beach curves in a beautiful crescent shape and is made up of desert sand imported from the Sahara! As well as crystal clear water, the beach is teeming with water sports, boat trips and restaurants. It’s definitely one of the best free attractions in Los Cristianos.
- Los Cristianos Harbour. As well as housing most of the fishing boats in this beautiful fishing town, the harbour also serves as a port – offering ferry connections to other islands in the Canaries.
- La Gomera. This hidden gem is an island off the coast of Tenerife that can be accessed via ferry from the port of Los Cristianos. As the second-smallest island in the Canaries, it’s also home to a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Garajonay National Park is full of dense forest, streams, vegetation, volcanic peaks, and animals; so it is well worth a visit. The park is free to get in, but you will need to get a boat over to the island. This will set you back €37 for an adult, or €18.50 for a child and will take about 40 minutes (this is also a great way to see the whole island by boat) See more info here: http://www.gomera.info/faehre.htm
- Siam Park. You can’t leave your budget trip to Tenerife without visiting Siam Park. The world’s best waterpark is located in between Los Cristianos and Playa de las Americas, and is one of the most popular destinations for those visiting Tenerife. Covering over 46 acres of land, the Siamese-themed water park hosts numerous waterslides (including the Tower of Power pictured above), a lazy river, a man-made beach, and a giant wave pool – as well as restaurants and animals. You can buy you tickets at the gates, but there will be a hefty queue, so it is always better to buy them beforehand either from the official website or from http://www.attractiontix.co.uk/tickets/siam-park. There is also a free bus that takes you from the center of Los Cristianos to the park, so that you can get the most out of this Los Cristianos must-visit attraction. Check out more info here: http://www.siampark.net/index.php/en/siam-park-en/plan-your-visit/location
Final Top Tips for Visiting Los Cristianos on a Budget
Now you should be fully equipped with all the info you could possibly need to book your budget trip to Los Cristianos. But before you do, check out our final top tips on how to travel to Los Cristianos on the cheap:
- Although there are two airports in Tenerife, it is easier and cheaper to fly to Tenerife South Airport. From here, you can take the public bus for just over €1 straight into the center of Los Cristianos.
- Getting around Los Cristianos on a budget is super easy – because, for the most part, you don’t even need to spend any money! As the town is relatively small, you can see everything it has to offer just by walking.
- There are many cheap hotels in Los Cristianos, and they are normally all located on the beach or just a short walk away. But if you want to really travel on a budget, it’s best to stay in an all-inclusive hotel as you will not need any spending money on top of this. This makes it much easier to budget!
- If you want a bit of ‘me-time’ during your budget trip to Tenerife, there are hundreds of Airbnbs in Los Cristianos which can offer you either a private room or a whole apartment to yourself. These can work out even cheaper if you can navigate the local supermarkets for food.
- The food in Los Cristianos is so varied – whatever you want, you will probably find it! Because it is primarily a tourist destination, the town caters for everybody, and there are a plethora of restaurants all vying for your attention, meaning the prices are all very competitive.
- Although there are attractions in Los Cristianos, the beaches are the main selling point. There are two main beaches, but Playa de Las Vistas is the most popular because it is so beautiful! The perfect spot for a bit of R&R.
- No vacation to Tenerife is complete without a trip to Siam Park, but don’t get dragged into the high prices for tickets at the gate. Look around before you go, or see if there are any discounts along the boardwalk in Los Cristianos.
- If you want to visit Siam Park and Loro Parque, remember you can buy a twin ticket that will be cheaper than buying tickets separately.
- Finally, have an amazing holiday! We can guarantee you’ll have the best time during your budget trip to Los Cristianos.